Childcare at the Y is about more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing their development and providing a safe place to learn. For more than 30 years, the Y has been offering Before and After School Care. Y-Kids is a School-Based State Licensed Child Care Program designed to help families build self-sufficiency by providing safe, affordable, high-quality childcare.
Y-Kids sites for children are located in the following partnering school districts of Toms River, Berkeley and Manchester. Each school district has a different schedule, be sure to view downloads. If available, our school day AM program begins at 6:30AM until the start of school. Our PM program begins when school ends and goes until 6:00PM.
Partnering School Districts:
- Grades PreK-5 Berkeley School District
- Grades K-5 Manchester School District
- Grades K -5 Toms River School District
Registration is IN PERSON only. Please visit the Y Monday through Friday, 8AM-7PM or Saturday and Sunday, 8AM-11AM, to enroll. The non-refundable $80 registration fee and the first month’s payment are due at the time of registration. We also accept State Subsidy (contact for pricing information), and we offer YCARES scholarships for those families needing financial support. With the exception of the first week of school, registrations must be completed the Wednesday prior to the week you would need to start.
- The last day to register to start on the first day of school for the 2022/2023 school year is August 12th.
- No credits will be issued for absences, or for snow days, delayed openings or early weather-related dismissals.
- Emergency closings or late openings will be posted on ocymca.org, on Facebook, and will be sent through our Text Message Alert System.
- There is no morning YKids when there is a delayed school opening.
To make additions or changes to your child’s schedule, you must email email@example.com by the Wednesday prior to the week of the change.
Contact Jennifer Friedhoff, Senior Youth Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.