Childcare at the Y is about more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing their development and providing a safe place to learn. For more than 30 years, the Y has been offering Before and After School Care. Y-Kids is a School-Based State Licensed Child Care Program designed to help families build self-sufficiency by providing safe, affordable, high-quality childcare.
Y-Kids sites for children are located in the following partnering school districts of Toms River, Berkeley and Manchester. Each school district has a different schedule, be sure to view downloads. If available our school day AM program begins at 6:30AM until the start of school. Our PM program begins when school ends and goes until 6:00PM. Each site will be limited to 10 children.
Partnering School Districts:
- Grades K-6 Berkeley School District
- Grades 1-5 Manchester School District
- Grades K & 1 Toms River School District
- Ridgeway 6:30AM until the start of school M/TH or TU/F $35.00 Weekly
- MTES 6:30AM until the start of school M/TH or TU/F $45.00 Weekly
- Whiting 6:30AM until the start of school M/TH or TU/F $45.00 Weekly
- Ridgeway Dismissal until 6:00PM M/TH or TU/F $75.00 Weekly
- MTES Dismissal until 6:00PM M/TH or TU/F $65.00 Weekly
- Whiting Dismissal until 6:00PM M/TH or TU/F $65.00 Weekly
- CBW 6:30AM until the start of school M/TU or TH/F $35.00 Weekly
- Bayville 6:30AM until the start of school M/TU or TH/F $35.00 Weekly
- Potter 6:30AM until the start of school M/TU or TH/F $45.00 Weekly
- CBW Dismissal until 6:00PM M/TU or TH/F $75.00 Weekly
- Bayville Dismissal until 6:00PM M/TU or TH/F $75.00 Weekly
- Potter Dismissal until 6:00PM M/TU or TH/F $65.00 Weekly
- BTES Dismissal until 6:00PM M/TU or TH/F $75.00 Weekly
PM PROGRAM – $65 Per Week – M/W or TU/TH
South Toms River
PM PROGRAM – $75 Per Week – M/W or TU/TH
Simply call the Y between 8AM-4PM at 732 341 9622 ext 0 to enroll. The non-refundable $80 registration fee and the first two weeks payment are due at the time of registration. We also accept State Subsidy (contact for pricing information) and we offer YCARES scholarships, for those families needing financial support. Registrations must be completed the Wednesday prior to the week you would need to start.
No credits will be issued for absences, or for snow days, delayed openings or early weather-related dismissals.
Emergency closings or late openings will be posted on ocymca.org and on Facebook. Delayed school openings cancel AM Y-Kids.
Contact Jennifer Friedhoff, Senior Youth Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.