Ocean County YMCA 1088 West Whitty Road Toms River
The Ocean County YMCA, the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County and Senior Citizens Activities Network (SCAN) have joined forces to bring the region’s senior citizens together in person and virtually for a special, free event dedicated to physical and mental health, injury prevention and camaraderie. Register to join us at bit.ly/seniorday21 .
We’re partnering with two major hospital groups and other organizations to welcome SCAN and YMCA members and the public to the Toms River, Freehold, Red Bank, Old Bridge facilities for the special event featuring a host of activities, classes, fitness workshops, and a healthy meal. For those unable to attend in person, several programs will be offered virtually.
Partnering organizations include Atlantic Physical Therapy Center, CentraState Healthcare System, Fulfill, RWJ Barnabas, T-Mobile and VNA of Central New Jersey Community Health Center, which are providing additional support and information during the one-day event.
The National Senior Health & Fitness Day® celebration will include live and virtual programs that will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. A variety of classes will be offered at all four YMCA locations from deep water aerobics to Zumba and Yoga, and a seminar on injury prevention, plus “Walk, Talk and Stroll,” where everyone can have a fun and interactive walk together. A grab-and-go lunch will be provided by Fulfill on a first-come, first-served basis.
Virtual programs will include a stress management workshop, brain games, meditation, fitness and more.
At the Ocean County YMCA live events from 10AM-1PM will include:
- Tai Chi and Chair Yoga along with open swim.
- Friends from RWJBarnabas Health will be performing blood pressure screenings,
- Aetna Medicare Solutions will helpful senior services
- Ocean County Senior Social Services will provide a variety of senior information
- Our Personal Trainers sharing workout tips.
- Information on Benefit Enrollment Counseling by SCAN.
- After lunch, Atlantic Physical Therapy Center will be live or you can join virtually presenting a program on fall prevention.
- Join our Crochet Club at 3PM and see all the exciting work these ladies have done.
Throughout the event the Ocean County Health Department will be administering the Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine. No appointment necessary
J & J Vaccine from OCHD