For over 160 years, the Y has been the nation’s leader in teaching people of all ages to swim, so they can stay safe around water and enjoy the pleasures and health benefits of aquatic environments. At the Y, swimming is a life skill that could save a life and will benefit students for a lifetime.
A credit request may be granted for an extended illness/emergency of 3 weeks or more. A detailed doctor’s note that includes illness/injury and dates must be submitted with the request. Credits expire one year from the date of issue.
Should the Y find it necessary to cancel a class due to safety, weather, etc., a full credit or make-up class will be issued.
There may be situations in which a refund is requested. Refunds are at the discretion of the Directors, with a processing fee of 10% of the refund amount, up to a maximum of $25.00.
It takes an average of 4 to 6 weeks for a refund to be processed and paid out. Credits are available within 10 days upon approval from the Department Director.
Please be aware that YKids and the Tiger Sharks Swim Team have extended credit policies.
THE Y IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING A SAFE, FUN AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT TO OUR COMMUNITY
Pool Safety Guidelines
All members and guests under the age of 18 must take a swim test.
- Swimmers ages 8 and under must have a parent or adult guardian in
the pool at all times. One adult may supervise up to 3 children.
- Swimmers ages 9-11 must have a parent or adult guardian on the pool
- Non-swimmers of all ages must have a parent or adult guardian in the
pool, within arm’s reach, at all times. One adult may supervise up to 3
- Always walk in the pool area.
- Food, gum and glass containers are prohibited.
- Swimsuits are required.
- Swim diapers must be worn for non-toilet-trained children.
- Horseplay, wrestling, roughhousing and foul language are not
- All flotation devices must be Coast Guard approved.
- Underwater distance swimming and breath-holding are not permitted.
- For patron safety, lifeguards have final discretion.
BEFORE YOUR SIGN UP FOR YOUR FIRST CLASS
Please visit the Welcome Center Desk. All new class participants will be required to complete an Ocean County YMCA Member Card prior to signing up for classes. Participants will then be issued a key fob, used to swipe in upon arrival for class each week.