Every day the Y takes on challenges that shape our community—everything from academic achievement, affordable child care, food insecurity, senior wellness, obesity and adaptive fitness programs, are all made possible at the Y.
Here are just a few examples of the impact the YMCA on our community in 2019…
- We taught 1,500 child how to swim
- We provided close to 5,000 group exercises classes (most geared toward seniors, the disabled, and other underserved members of our community)
- More than 300 athletes participated as part of our OCY Tigersharks swim team
- More than 400 children attended our summer day camp
- More than 1,000 children participate in our YKids Program, which provides before and after school care up to 5 hours a day in 22 schools in Toms River, Berkeley, Manchester, and Lakewood
In 2020, the Y will commit more than $461,000 to strengthening the Ocean County community by passionately focusing on bridging gaps of income, race, religion, age and more.
Join us in supporting our 2020 programs! Together, we can achieve more!